Talk to our immigration lawyers today! (661) 742-7007

There are two basic ways of becoming a US citizen:

  • The first is through natural birth (or adoption) to at least one parent who is a U.S. citizen.
  • The other is through the process of naturalization.

One way to begin the naturalization process is to marry a U.S. citizen. Naturalization is still a time-consuming process, involving the following steps:

  • The first step, in most cases, is to obtain the K-class visa during the engagement.
  • The next step (or first step if already married) is to apply for an IR-class visa for Immediate Relatives. This is an immigrant visa (as opposed to a temporary one), and allows the spouse to be considered a permanent legal resident of the United States.
  • After the foreign national has established residence in the United States for 3 years, then he or she may apply for naturalization, and when the requirements (interviews, tests, etc.) are met, may become a US citizen by taking an oath.

Our Services

At Eaton and Associates, we are committed to helping people just like you to immigrate to the United States through whatever legal channels are available to you. We have a long and tested record.

We will submit all the necessary forms and paperwork to the government agencies on your behalf, and help you to compile all the appropriate and necessary evidence. We will prepare you for any interviews, walking you through the process step by step along the way. We will also act as your agent, representing you to the government of the United States and speaking on your behalf. Contact us today through our website for a free consultation. Put our staff to work for you today!