Talk to our immigration lawyers today! (661) 742-7007
  • The Immigration and Naturalization Act (INA) allows the residency requirement of naturalization to be waived in certain circumstances, and this is sometimes referred to as expedited citizenship.
  • To qualify for this exception, the foreign national must possess an active green card and be married to a U.S. citizen who is stationed in a foreign country. This state of affairs would otherwise prevent the foreign national from being able to establish residency within the U.S.
  • The foreign national’s spouse must be employed by the U.S. government, a U.S. firm engaged in research or international trade, an international public organization which is connected to the U.S. (i.e., the United Nations), or as a missionary of a religious organization based in the U.S.

Our Services

If you have a green card through your marriage to a U.S. citizen, but you are unable to establish American residency, you may qualify for expedited citizenship. Contact our offices today for a free consultation. We will work with you to explore all the options available to you and help you put together the strategy that works best for you.

At Eaton and Associates, we are dedicated to helping people just like you to legally immigrate to the United States and become citizens. We will help you through every step of the process, completing and submitting all the necessary paperwork and helping you to make your case to the U.S. government. Contact us through our website today!