Request for Stay of Removal
Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) is part of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). They enforce the laws of the US government with respect to border control, immigration, trade and customs.
A STAY OF REMOVAL:
- prevents a foreign national from being removed by ICE.
- is always granted when a removal order is appealed to the Board of Immigration Appeals (BIA), and extends for the duration of the appeal process.
- might be granted when motions to reopen or reconsider are filed.
- can be granted by an immigration judge, the BIA, DHS or a federal court.
- may only be requested by foreign nationals who have been ordered out of the country.
If you have been ordered to depart the United States, contact the offices of Eaton and Associates for a free consultation. We will examine the details of your case and work with you to establish the best strategy for your unique situation.
We will help you to make the best case possible and represent you every step of the way, compiling all the necessary documentation and evidence. At Eaton and Associates, we are experienced at helping people just like you to legally live and work in the United States. Contact us through our website, call us, or stop by one of our offices today.