Talk to our immigration lawyers today! (661) 742-7007


  • The Violence Against Women Act allows family members (not limited to women) of abusive U.S. citizens or legal residents to file for a green card without the sponsorship or knowledge of the abuser.
  • Qualified applicants include:
    • Spouses who were abused by their spouse or who are the parent of a child who was abused by their spouse.
    • Children who are unmarried and under 21 and are the victims of abuse at the hands of a U.S. citizen or permanent resident may file on their own behalf. Children of an abusive parent who are under 25 may also be eligible if the abuse is the reason they had not filed yet.
    • Parents who have been abused by their U.S. citizen child.
  • The abuse needs to have taken place in the United States, or else in a foreign country while in the employment of the US government.
  • Qualified applicants must demonstrate that they lived with the abuser and, if over 14, that they individually possess good moral character.


Our Services

If you are the victim of domestic abuse at the hands of a U.S. citizen or legal resident and desire to file for adjustment of status, contact us for a free consultation. We guarantee your privacy.

At Eaton and Associates, our sole focus is helping people to live and work legally in the United States. We will handle all necessary paperwork and representation in presenting your case to the U.S. government officials. We will be your advocate at every step of the way. Please call us today or contact us through our website.