Characteristics of O1 Visa
- Unlike the permanent EB1 visa, the O1 visa is issued for 3 years and must be renewed every year after that, though there are no limits on how many times it can be renewed.
- foreign nationals who qualify for O1 status are able to prove that they have some exceptional ability in their field. Examples of acceptable evidence includes:
- Nationally or internationally recognized awards for outstanding achievement
- Authorship of an article or citation in a professional or scholarly journal
- Membership in an organization that requires outstanding achievement for membership
- Evidence that the foreign national has served in a critical capacity to an organization
- Evidence that the foreign national has commanded a large salary for their services
- The petition for O1 visas must be filed by the prospective employer.
If you are an employer seeking to hire international workers, please contact us for a free consultation regarding the O1 visa and its appropriateness for your needs. Our experienced attorneys will work closely with you and evaluate your specific needs to help you work out a strategy that will be most successful for your business. We have helped many employers to successfully obtain O1 and other temporary and permanent visas, and immigration law is the sole focus of our firm.
Immigration regulations change frequently, and we can advise you on the best course of action for you and your employees. Feel free to call us or come to one of our three offices in California and Oregon, and we will answer any questions you have.