Eaton & Associates Immigration Lawyers

Eaton and Associates on Facebook

Contact us or call (661) 742-7007 and ask for our web-only
offer of a free consultation with our top immigration lawyers.

You are here: Citizenship INA 319(b) Expedited Citizenship


World Flags

Our staff is multilingual, serving clients located around the world from our offices on the U.S. West Coast.


Whether you are entering America for the first time or pursuing citizenship, we will help you in the legal process.

Courtroom Gavel

With extensive courtroom and trial experience, we can defend you against deportation and other threats.

Experienced Scientist

We assist employers in obtaining H1B visas to help skilled international workers join their U.S. staff.

INA 319(b) Expedited Citizenship

  • The Immigration and Naturalization Act (INA) allows the residency requirement of naturalization to be waived in certain circumstances, and this is sometimes referred to as expedited citizenship.
  • To qualify for this exception, the foreign national must possess an active green card and be married to a U.S. citizen who is stationed in a foreign country. This state of affairs would otherwise prevent the foreign national from being able to establish residency within the U.S.
  • The foreign national’s spouse must be employed by the U.S. government, a U.S. firm engaged in research or international trade, an international public organization which is connected to the U.S. (i.e., the United Nations), or as a missionary of a religious organization based in the U.S.
  • Our Services

    If you have a green card through your marriage to a U.S. citizen, but you are unable to establish American residency, you may qualify for expedited citizenship. Contact our offices today for a free consultation. We will work with you to explore all the options available to you and help you put together the strategy that works best for you.

    At Eaton and Associates, we are dedicated to helping people just like you to legally immigrate to the United States and become citizens. We will help you through every step of the process, completing and submitting all the necessary paperwork and helping you to make your case to the U.S. government. Contact us through our website today!

    Fresno, California

    744 P St., Ste. 311
    Fresno, CA 93721
    (559) 266-7007

    View Map

    Bakersfield, California

    707 18th Street
    Bakersfield, CA 93301
    (661) 742-7007

    View Map

    Salem, Oregon

    3890 Lancaster Dr. NE
    Salem, OR 97305
    (503) 339-7311

    View Map
    Open by appointment only