Eaton & Associates Immigration Lawyers

Eaton and Associates on Facebook

Contact us or call (661) 742-7007 and ask for our web-only
offer of a free consultation with our top immigration lawyers.

You are here: Courts & Asylum Victims of Crimes & Domestic Violence Violence Against Women Act


World Flags

Our staff is multilingual, serving clients located around the world from our offices on the U.S. West Coast.


Whether you are entering America for the first time or pursuing citizenship, we will help you in the legal process.

Courtroom Gavel

With extensive courtroom and trial experience, we can defend you against deportation and other threats.

Experienced Scientist

We assist employers in obtaining H1B visas to help skilled international workers join their U.S. staff.

Violence Against Women Act

  • The Violence Against Women Act allows family members (not limited to women) of abusive U.S. citizens or legal residents to file for a green card without the sponsorship or knowledge of the abuser.
  • Qualified applicants include:
    • Spouses who were abused by their spouse or who are the parent of a child who was abused by their spouse.
    • Children who are unmarried and under 21 and are the victims of abuse at the hands of a U.S. citizen or permanent resident may file on their own behalf. Children of an abusive parent who are under 25 may also be eligible if the abuse is the reason they had not filed yet.
    • Parents who have been abused by their U.S. citizen child.
  • The abuse needs to have taken place in the United States, or else in a foreign country while in the employment of the US government.
  • Qualified applicants must demonstrate that they lived with the abuser and, if over 14, that they individually possess good moral character.
  • Our Services

    If you are the victim of domestic abuse at the hands of a U.S. citizen or legal resident and desire to file for adjustment of status, contact us for a free consultation. We guarantee your privacy.

    At Eaton and Associates, our sole focus is helping people to live and work legally in the United States. We will handle all necessary paperwork and representation in presenting your case to the U.S. government officials. We will be your advocate at every step of the way. Please call us today or contact us through our website.

    Fresno, California

    744 P St., Ste. 311
    Fresno, CA 93721
    (559) 266-7007

    View Map

    Bakersfield, California

    707 18th Street
    Bakersfield, CA 93301
    (661) 742-7007

    View Map

    Salem, Oregon

    3890 Lancaster Dr. NE
    Salem, OR 97305
    (503) 339-7311

    View Map
    Open by appointment only