- Category: Consular Processing
Characteristics of Consular Processing
- Consular processing refers to the process of obtaining a visa through a U.S. Consulate in a foreign country. These visas can be obtained through employment, family relations, financial investment, or other special circumstances.
- If the foreign national currently lives outside the U.S., consular processing is the only option available. Some foreign nationals residing within the U.S. may also choose this option for various reasons.
- Once approved, the foreign national’s petition is sent on to the U.S. State Department’s National Visa Center, where it will wait in pending status until a visa number becomes available.
- Once a visa number becomes available, the immigrant is contacted and an appointment is made at their local U.S. Consulate, where the processing of the visa is completed.
If you are considering travel or immigration to the United States, contact the law offices of Eaton and Associates today for a free consultation. We will consult with you at every step of the process and handle all documentation and submission of petitions to the U.S. government. We will represent you to the U.S. Consulate in your country and ensure that your case is given the highest respect and priority possible.
We will prepare you for your interviews and help you to compile any necessary evidence to make your case effectively. We will work with you to set up the best strategy for your specific situation, and keep you informed along the way. Our experienced attorneys have assisted many people in travel and immigration to the United States. Put our expertise to work for you and contact us today.