Eaton & Associates Immigration Lawyers

Eaton and Associates on Facebook

Contact us or call (661) 742-7007 and ask for our web-only
offer of a free consultation with our top immigration lawyers.

You are here: Employment Visas Consular Processing Unlawful Presence Waivers


World Flags

Our staff is multilingual, serving clients located around the world from our offices on the U.S. West Coast.


Whether you are entering America for the first time or pursuing citizenship, we will help you in the legal process.

Courtroom Gavel

With extensive courtroom and trial experience, we can defend you against deportation and other threats.

Experienced Scientist

We assist employers in obtaining H1B visas to help skilled international workers join their U.S. staff.

Unlawful Presence Waivers

Unlawful Presence Waivers

Any foreign National who has resided in the U.S. for more than 180 days without status and then leaves the U.S., must apply for a waiver of unlawful presence. This requirement applies whether the person entered the U.S. with a visa and then overstayed or entered without inspection, i.e. illegally. The waiver must be approved before the consulate will issue a visa. Persons who were brought to the U.S. illegally before the age of 18, are also required to seek a waiver, if they remained in the U.S. more than 180 days past their 18th birthday. In order for the waiver to be approved applicants must demonstrate that that their spouse or parent who is a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident will suffer extreme hardship if the foreign national is not allowed to return to the U.S. For persons wh have resided unlawfully in the U.S. for more than one year, if the waiver is not approved, they must remain outside the U.S. for 10 years before they will be allowed to apply again for a visa. Unlawful presence waivers are not generally available in the U.S.

Our Services

If you believe you may a need a waiver of unlawful presence in order to return to the U.S, contact the law offices of Eaton and Associates today for a free consultation. First, we will determine if a waiver of unlawful presence is required and if you meet the eligibility requirements to file for one. If a waiver is required and you decide to go forward with the application, we will consult with you at every step of the process and prepare the required forms and supporting documentation for your waiver packet. We will meet with you and your family members and thoroughly analyze your case and advise you about what documentation and evidence would be beneficial to a favorable result to your waiver application. We will make sure that you understand the process and know what to expect when you appear at you waiver appointment.

Fresno, California

744 P St., Ste. 311
Fresno, CA 93721
(559) 266-7007

View Map

Bakersfield, California

707 18th Street
Bakersfield, CA 93301
(661) 742-7007

View Map

Salem, Oregon

3890 Lancaster Dr. NE
Salem, OR 97305
(503) 339-7311

View Map
Open by appointment only