Characteristics of K1 Fiance Visa
- A K1 visa grants a foreign national permission to enter the US in order to marry a US citizen.
- The children (under 21 years old) of holders of K1 visas qualify for a K2 visa.
- K1 visas are temporary, lasting 90 days. Once the marriage has taken place, the foreign national may apply for permanent residency.
- The US citizen who will marry the foreign national must be legally eligible to marry, able to demonstrate the ability to support their fiance, and must have met their fiance in person at least once in the last 2 years.
- Qualified foreign nationals must be legally eligible to marry, have met their fiance at least once in the last 2 years, and must not have any previous immigration violations.
- Those applying for a K1 visa need to demonstrate that the marriage does not exist simply for the purposes of allowing the foreign national to obtain a green card. Thus, any evidence that supports the existence of a genuine relationship is helpful, such as records of visits or pictures taken together.
If you are a U.S. citizen engaged to be married to foreign national living outside the United States, or a foreign national engaged to a U.S. citizen, contact us today for a free consultation.
At Eaton and Associates, we have a proven track record of helping people to legally gain admission to the United States. We will represent you in all petitions to the U.S. government, and guide you every step of the way. Our lawyers will help you compile any relevant evidence and proactively follow up with any additional necessary steps. Put our experience to work for you.