Eaton & Associates Immigration Lawyers

Eaton and Associates on Facebook

Contact us or call (661) 742-7007 and ask for our web-only
offer of a free consultation with our top immigration lawyers.

You are here: Family Immigration K1 Visa for Fiance


World Flags

Our staff is multilingual, serving clients located around the world from our offices on the U.S. West Coast.


Whether you are entering America for the first time or pursuing citizenship, we will help you in the legal process.

Courtroom Gavel

With extensive courtroom and trial experience, we can defend you against deportation and other threats.

Experienced Scientist

We assist employers in obtaining H1B visas to help skilled international workers join their U.S. staff.

K1 Visa for Fiance

Characteristics of K1 Fiance Visa

  • A K1 visa grants a foreign national permission to enter the US in order to marry a US citizen.
  • The children (under 21 years old) of holders of K1 visas qualify for a K2 visa.
  • K1 visas are temporary, lasting 90 days. Once the marriage has taken place, the foreign national may apply for permanent residency.
  • The US citizen who will marry the foreign national must be legally eligible to marry, able to demonstrate the ability to support their fiance, and must have met their fiance in person at least once in the last 2 years.
  • Qualified foreign nationals must be legally eligible to marry, have met their fiance at least once in the last 2 years, and must not have any previous immigration violations.
  • Those applying for a K1 visa need to demonstrate that the marriage does not exist simply for the purposes of allowing the foreign national to obtain a green card. Thus, any evidence that supports the existence of a genuine relationship is helpful, such as records of visits or pictures taken together.

Our Services

If you are a U.S. citizen engaged to be married to foreign national living outside the United States, or a foreign national engaged to a U.S. citizen, contact us today for a free consultation.

At Eaton and Associates, we have a proven track record of helping people to legally gain admission to the United States. We will represent you in all petitions to the U.S. government, and guide you every step of the way. Our lawyers will help you compile any relevant evidence and proactively follow up with any additional necessary steps. Put our experience to work for you.

Fresno, California

744 P St., Ste. 311
Fresno, CA 93721
(559) 266-7007

View Map

Bakersfield, California

707 18th Street
Bakersfield, CA 93301
(661) 742-7007

View Map

Salem, Oregon

3890 Lancaster Dr. NE
Salem, OR 97305
(503) 339-7311

View Map
Open by appointment only